Marin County by Bike!
|One of the best places for bicycling
is Marin County! Just north of the Golden Gate Bridge on Highway 101 puts
you in the heart of bicycling country!
- Ride your bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge and view
the magnificent San Francisco skyline.
- Ride along a mountain ridge and view the breathtaking
Pacific coastline below you.
- Ride from Petaluma to the Golden Gate Bridge on a route
designed especially for cyclists.
- Visit an old historic lighthouse and do some whale-watching
while you're there.
- Ride your bicycle through the rural parts of Marin, along
quiet, picturesque country roads.
- Have a picnic on one of Marin's magnificent coastal beaches.
- Get a panoramic view of the entire Bay Area from the
bluffs of the Marin Headlands.
- Ride your mountain bike on the spectacular fire roads
of Mount Tamalpais.
- Travel through Marin County, from Petaluma to the Golden
Gate Bridge, on a route designed especially for cyclists.
All this awaits you — and much more!
|Marin County Bike Trails
includes 22 bike trips, with 25 alternate rides, ranging from 5 to 45 miles,
and totaling over 600 scenic miles! One-third of the rides are on dirt
roads for those with mountain bikes. Easy-to-challenging self-guided bike
rides, complete with maps, elevation profiles, and photographs let you
appreciate the exceptional beauty that Marin County has to offer.
to Marin County Bike Trails Page